We got this idea regarding the ABC’s from our friend Gus of According to Gus who evidently got it from somebody else. We agree that this is a cool thing to do share a bit of information!
You get to learn a little bit more about us – not just our beloved Opie, but maybe a touch more about Opie’s family. I may monkey with the letters a little bit though. Feel free to do your own ABC’s!
So here goes!
- Age – well Opie is one year and four months old. Opie’s mom is ageless! Opie’s Dad is ageless as well. The kids are 9 and 12!
- Best Day Ever – I have three “Best Days Ever”! When each of my boys were born and July 11, 2010 when we became Opie’s furrever family!
- Chore I really dislike – ALL OF THEM, but Thank God I have kids. So under the guise of “character building” I can get them to do a lot of my chores. Heh, heh, heh! I’m working with Opie on the laundry chore. Yesterday, he brought a sock to me at the washer. Now, if I can get him to drag the entire basket…heh, heh, heh!
Dogs — We love dogs and especially our Opie! I’ll take doggy love from anybody. My youngest is a bit shy around strange dogs, but that’s a good thing. He’s less likely to get bitten than some kid just running up to anyone’s dog and grabbing at him or her without permission. Opie’s great with kids – our kids. I’m not so confident about other people’s kids. They are just shorter strangers as far as he’s concerned.
Essential Start to the day – COFFEE the way hubby makes it – Fair Trade espresso grind in our own little coffee maker. Coffee restores MY brain cells. Opie requires a quick sprint to the back of the yard to police the squirrels and take care of some personal business. The boys require Cheerios.
- Favorite Place for Opie chill – He’s got a couple of favorite spots. Under my chair while I’m typing at the computer and as close as he can get in the bed to Dad who is obviously the Alpha Dog in the house. His favorite position is actually on top of Dad, paws on chest, belly to belly and back legs resting on the bed. Dad calls him “Heater Dog.”
- Greatest Brag – Just get me started on all the kids… you name it I can brag about it. You’ll see. I apologize in advance for this affliction.
- Height – We are a family of giants with a Lilliputian dog – just kidding. However, my 12 year old is 5’6″ and the tallest kid in his class. (Oops, what did I say about bragging? My bad.)
- Instruments – Me – piano, and yes, I still play. Boys – Electric Guitar – Yes, they ROCK and ROCK HARD!!! Dad – learning acoustic, but doesn’t practice so…., but he’s a great practice coach for the boys. Remembers everything said in the lesson and then throws it back in their faces reminds them of it!
- Job Title – Managers of Opie Family Monkey House. Kidding! I’m an adjunct professor and Opie’s Dad is a Computer guy. (Frankly, I have no idea what he does. I feel my eyes glaze over when he starts talking to the other computer guys.)
- Kids — 3 counting Opie! 4 if I count Opie’s Daddy.
Location — Los Angeles Area
- Most Annoying Habit – According to SOME people, I snore, but SOME people are like pots calling the kettle black! SOME PEOPLE can wake up people NEXT DOOR! And that’s all I’ll say about that! Opie’s most annoying habit is chewing on Michael’s socks while Michael’s feet are still in them. We think he thinks they are small white mice and he’s exercising his genetic imperative to hunt these Michael – Mice – Toes…. Or he’s just being a brat.
- Nicknames – None, other than honey pot, sweetie, and Stink boy! (This works for any of the three kids!)
Overnight Hospital stays – Two. Got a nice baby as a parting gift each time! 🙂
Pet Peeve — People who walk their dogs in our neighborhood off leash.
the Skid Marks on the road people!
- We live in the city – C-I-T-Y!
These people haven’t noted the flattened squirrels, opossums, ravens other unrecognizable smashed creatures in the road? Makes me tighten my grip on the leash!
Quote from a Movie: Melvin Udall: “It’s not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that’s their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you’re that pissed that so many others had it good.” As Good as it Gets ( Greg Kinnear and Jack Nicholas)
Right or Left Handed: All of us are right handed, but Daddy is a lefty. Therefore, he is Eeeevilll!
Silliest Day — A couple of summers ago – we pulled out the old Slip and Slide or as I like to call it Slipped Disc and Died. News flash – Adults are not made of rubber ANYMORE. Back away from the Slip and Slide!
- Time it takes for the straw to break the camel’s back – Repeating myself 4+ times to certain small male humans, then something cracks in my brain. Think “Lion’s Roar” from the movie Kung Fu Hustle!
Underwear: No commandos here! Well, Opie is goes commando all the time, but that’s a good thing. Way less laundry for me!
- Greatest Victory: Convincing my kids that to get a dog they had to keep their room clean for 6 consecutive months, then getting Opie 8 months after the initial challenge! Well done boys!
What or who are our favorite musical artists?! We LOVE Pandora. It creates amazing playlists for us automatically. Just to represent all the family tastes – here are the top guys for everyone – Jimmy Hendrix, Foo Fighters, Beethoven, U2 and Nirvana and Devo, Anita Baker and Christina Aguilera and Pink. That’s just a sampling. Opie likes Squad 001 (Culver City Fire truck Siren) He can really howl to that!
- X-Rays you’ve had: Dental, ankle, foot, finger – do ultrasounds count? So, lots of those during pregnancy!
- Yummy Food You Make: Almost Flourless Chocolate Cake. Yes, it rocks, and no I’m not putting the recipe on the net.
This is NOT my cake. Mine disappears faster than anyone can take a picture of it, but it looks very much like this. (Yes, I know … bragging again. Tee Hee!)
Favorite Zoo animal – It depresses me to see the animals in the zoo, but if I have to say which ones I like watching it’s the Silver back Gorillas. I like watching them watch us. Spooky! Where I’ve seen them? Fort Worth Zoo and the San Diego Zoo. Excellent zoos – the animals don’t seem too depressed. Just mildly discontent and bored.
Well that was fun! I hope you enjoyed learning about our family. I invite you to try this little exercise yourself. We’d love to learn more about you, too!
Have a great week!
Opie and His Whole Family