Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Oh My Dog – I have a lot of blog buddies to thank. This month been full of wonderful surprises for Opie’s Mom’s Blog! We owe so many thanks to some very special bloggers. So we thought we’d say thank you and give a shout out to all of them at once! First of all, many wonderful thanks to Carrie Lea at All Things Dog Blog. We won her contest and received wonderful gifts from the Mankind Dog store. I got a wonderful Mug and Opie’s styling in his new kerchief. Here is our belated, but sincere thank you!
Now if that weren’t enough we’ve won the Stylish Dog Blog Award AGAIN!
Thank you so much Debby and Kirby at Kirby the Dorkie.
We are just as tickled to win it now as we were the first time. Debby and Kirby run a beautiful blog! And you all should check it out. Opie is wiggling with excitement that he’s won this award again.
The way this award works is to tell 7 random things that the bloggers don’t know about you and then nominate 15 other blogs to the award. Thinking of 7 random things is easy, but narrowing our list of great blogs down to 15 other blogs is really, really, hard. There are so many great blogs out there! However, we are quite happy to be able to name 15 more great blogs out there for everyone to visit. Their links will be at the end of this posting.
And there’s more….
We said that we had an embarrassment of riches! We do. We won a wonderful handmade doggy necklace from
Roxie the Traveling Dog. If you get a chance go to her blog and check out the wonderful necklaces and handmade items. Opie’s necklace is custom made to his cute little neck. We got to choose our color and design.
Here is ours on Opie! He’s wanted to show it to full advantage so he’s facing away from the camera.
Here it is straight out of the mailing envelope.
Isn’t it lovely! We just got it TODAY!
Here are some other necklaces that are custom made. Check these out!
I think they are lovely. You can find these necklaces and even more beautiful handmade items at their other website. Desert Raven Art.( http://www.desertravenart.com ). Believe me; I’m making a wish list!
We said we had an embarrassment of riches didn’t we?
So many things to be thankful for!
So many generous pet bloggers on the Internet!
So here is our really big
for all the wonderful prizes and awards!
We really appreciate all of you so much for taking the trouble to acknowledge our little blog.
Oh and Opie says –
“Lick, lick, lick, lick, lick!”
Oh, before we forget – here are 7 random things about us for the Stylish Blogger Award!
- I think I missed the dog park more than Opie did! It’s a great place to meet people who think like I do. We had a “morning crew going” We drank our coffee and watched our dogs wrestle and had a great time chatting about life. It was the best grown up human “play date” place! You could pick up tips about great vets, bad vets, good food, bad food, great groomers, bad groomers and even dog training tips with live show and tell action!
- Opie sleeps for about ¼ of the night in his basket at the foot of our bed and then at some point manages to work his way onto the bed and get his head on either my pillow or Daddy’s pillow. His breath is horrible.
- Opie leaves at one point during the night because his parents snore very loudly. I won’t say who’s louder, but it isn’t me!
- The exterior of the car is very clean, but the passenger window is filled with nose prints.
- Opie listens to Grandma talk to him over the phone and licks the phone.
- My best day ever is when I am covered in boys – at the bottom of a dog pile with my sons draped over me and my Opie trying to wiggle his way into the pile too!
- I was happy when Opie lunged menacingly at the guy trying to sell me a $30,000 new roof! Opie hates solicitors! I gave Opie a big strip of chicken jerky for cutting the hard sell routine short with his incessant barking. Good barking Opie!
Here are 15 Fantastic Blogs that you should definitely check out!
They are in no particular order.
24 Paws of Love
- Roxy the Travelling Dog
- Another Tequila Sunrise
- Bocci’s Beefs
- House of Carnivores
- Lucy’s Human
- Pip Gets Back in the Game
- Secret Schnoodle
- Tales and Tails The Hilarity of Everday Life
- Anna the GSD
- Maggy and Mitch the Airdales
- It’s Me Buddy’s Blog
- The Dogs of Green Hill Farm
- Scoop the WonderDog
- Two Pitties in the City
You Guys Rock!
Opie and Opie’s Mom